Dennipep Australia

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hair becomes a colourful work of art


I love coloring my hair but when I was a teenager my mom doesn't like even just the thought of it... but time changes occasionally I would color my hair but I make sure that the hair color that I choose suits my personality. If you love dyeing your hair, you should read this:

Once considered taboo, hair colouring is becoming more and more popular, particularly among teens. While blonde, brown and black are the most common colours, shades of pink, purple and even blue are making their mark in the style trends.

These non-traditional colours may not sit well with parents, but Moncton hairstylist Kim Noël says moms and dads need not be alarmed when their son or daughter comes home with rainbow hair.

"It's more of a way of expression," Kim says. "A lot of people, instead of wearing bright lipstick or something, will change the colour of their hair."

With the increased availability of short-term hair dyes and alternatives to harsh permanent dyes, the stigma surrounding funky hair colours is lifting, and more people are willing to trade in their browns and blacks for neon streaks.

"It's not as taboo to do it now, especially now that a lot of older people do it too," she says. "A lot of people do it because they want a change, but they don't want a total change."

Hot pink remains the most popular colour to inject a little personality into your tresses, while red and blue are close runners-up.

read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedbacks and suggestions!